Below is all the information regarding the London Marathon ballot.
IF YOU WISH TO APPLY FOR THE BALLOT PLEASE EMAIL RACE@EALINGEAGLES.COM CONFIRMING YOU MEET ALL THE CRITERIA, YOU AGREE TO THE CONDITIONS STATED BELOW, AND PROVIDE THE DETAILS OF YOUR POINTS. THE DEADLINE IS THURSDAY 1ST DECEMBER 2016.
As affiliates of England Athletics, Ealing Eagles receives a number of places for the Virgin Money London Marathon (VMLM) each year. These places are available to members via a club ballot.
Members who wish to enter the club ballot for places in April 2017 must meet following criteria at the time of the ballot (Dec 2016):
- Be a fully-paid member of the Ealing Eagles Running Club since the start of the membership year of the ballot (1st May 2016)
- Be an England Athletics member (for those who run with more than one club, you must have been a first-claim member with the Ealing Eagles from 1st May 2016)
- Have been a member for at least 12 months as at 30th November 2016
- Have been entered and rejected from the public ballot (proof of rejection required)
- Have not won a VMLM place via the Ealing Eagles club ballot in the last three yearly ballots
- Are not eligible for a Good for Age entry, which can be guaranteed directly with the VMLM organisers
- Did not run in the previous years VMLM (i.e. 2016)
This year, we are trialling a points system relating to being an active participant of the club. Below are the categories which you can earn points in. You can earn points from any or all of these, we only ask that you volunteer at least twice.
- Tail Run (1pt each, max of 5pts) - It is the tailrunners responsibility that their tailrun is recorded on the website and to contact the committee to request that the schedule is updated if they step in at the last minute
- Volunteer at Ealing Eagles Sessions/Events (1pt each, min 2pts, max 10pts) - For example Ealing Eagles 10km, 10/20 mile training runs, beginners groups, leading or assisting at coaching sessions, Summer League, XC, etc.
- Compete in Summer League, XC Sunday or Met League (1pt each, max 5pts)
- Compete in Club Championship Events (1pt each, max 5pts) - Excluding Summer League and XC Sunday or Met Leagues
- Compete as an Ealing Eagle wearing the club vest in any other race (1pt each, max 5 points) - Excluding parkrun
For the 2017 ballot, the qualifying period is 1st May - 30 November 2016, therefore a minimum of 8pts (including 2 volunteer points) is required to qualify.
For the 2018 ballot, the qualifying period is 1st December 2016 - 30 November 2017 and a minimum of 15pts (including 2 volunteer points) will be required.
Members must also agree to the following in advance of winning a ballot place:
- Pay the VMLM entry fee
- Continue to be an active participant in the club training sessions, especially the longer Sunday runs throughout the period leading up to race day
- Write a short news article or blog for the club website every 2 weeks during the marathon training and once after the race
- Wear an Ealing Eagles vest on race day (high-fives to the cheer squad are optional)
EALING EAGLES CLUB BALLOT ENTRY FOR VMLM 2017 CLOSES AT MIDNIGHT ON THURSDAY 1st DECEMBER 2016
IF YOU WISH TO APPLY FOR THE BALLOT PLEASE EMAIL RACE@EALINGEAGLES.COM CONFIRMING YOU MEET ALL THE CRITERIA, YOU AGREE TO THE CONDITIONS AND PROVIDE THE DETAILS OF YOUR POINTS