***EAGLES! EHM NEEDS YOU!***
EHM is fast approaching and is now less than two weeks away!
Sandra and Kelvin are still looking for volunteers for the day itself, and also for help with a huge array of jobs in the run up. There are lots of opportunities for everyone to NOT let the club down!
Race Day Volunteers
Firstly, they are still looking for volunteers for the day itself. Please go to www.ealinghalfmarathon.com/volunteer if you want to be part of this amazing event on the day!
Help in the Run Up
There are also lots of jobs which need doing in the run up to the big day. PLEASE NOTE that these jobs are less formal and the way to volunteer for these jobs is to find the PINNED FACEBOOK post from Sandra and comment on it - it is at the top of the Eagles Facebook group feed and will stay there until further notice to make it easy to find.
Jobs needing doing on the run up include:
- Flyering cars on Sunday 18th September at the time the race will be affecting the roads so the start time is 7am or as soon after as possible. They need about 20 people which reduces the amount of roads people need to do and it's normally finished really quickly. The more people we have the less time it will take. The aim is to distribute two types of flyers. One is specifically for the cars on the route (road and driveways) then another to say their road just off route will be effected (road and driveways).
- In the lead up to the race day, people are needed to be in the park when deliveries etc arrive as Sandra and Kelvin can't be everywhere! If you are happy to come and just sit in Lammas Park on Thursday/Friday/Saturday at any time just to keep an eye on things that is a role.
- Help with the build in the park (dressing barriers, moving tables and chairs etc on Friday afternoon and all day Saturday).
- A few meticulous minds to help with putting up the guidance signs on the Friday and Saturday around the course - these need to follow a plan as they say 'Right Turn Ahead' 'Speed Bump in Road' 'Water Station Ahead' etc (Friday & Saturday). Step ladder required.
- Even more meticulous minds for putting Mile Markers & KM Markers up - These have to be exact for obvious reasons - step ladder required and late afternoon/early evening job on Saturday.
- Race Packs hand out on the Saturday in Race Village - we will have replacement packs for transfers, international runners, lost pack etc available to be collected on the Saturday by runners.
- Lots of jobs in the park on Saturday to get it all ready for Sunday morning.
- Food and drinks. Anyone wanting to keep us all fed and watered as we dash around on Friday/Saturday would be considered our very dear friends.
If you are unsure of whether you are available, you can just pop down to the park at any stage as there will be plenty that needs doing.
Please remember we will do a club photo sometime on Saturday 24th at Lammas Park, so if you want to come to that you might as well lend a hand!
Come on Eagles, we all love EHM and know how much work goes into organising it - so lend a wing and don't let the club down!