The Ealing Eagles AGM will be taking place on Tuesday 24th April at 7:30pm at The New Inn, 62 St Mary's Road, Ealing W5 5EX. There will be a review of the 2017-18 year by the committee and the election of the committee for 2018-19 will take place. There will also be an opportunity for questions and answers with the committee.
The AGM is an opportunity for members to stand for committee positions if they would like to. Most of the current committee will be standing down this year.
If you are interested in joining the committee, details of each role and the current responsibilities they include are:
The main role of the Chair is to provide leadership and support to the committee and the club in general. Over the past two years, the various members of the committee have been excellent in carrying out their respective roles so I feel that one of the key tasks has been to play devil’s advocate in ensuring we, as a committee, are looking at all potential angles when making decisions.
Another key role is, at times, to act as a figurehead speaking at club events or representing the club at external functions.
For more information contact Thom Martini at firstname.lastname@example.org,.
Treasurer duties include:
· Pay various invoices each month from the club account (usually via internet banking)
· Tot up the monthly accounts so that everyone knows what the money has been used to pay for (race fees/training/parties etc)
Contact Colin Overton for more information at email@example.com.
The social secretary organises, promotes and coordinates all of the social functions for the club including:
· Monthly social – the monthly social takes place on the first Wednesday of each month at the New Inn. We have a standing arrangement with the New Inn to use the back room. The social secretary raises the Facebook event and organises speakers, raffles, etc for the social, makes sure it’s in the newsletter and that the club run leaders are reminded to let people know it’s on.
· Summer Party – the social secretary books the venue (by January, and having found a date that doesn’t clash with anything not easy!), books the food, the music, the decorations, any welcome drinks etc and arranges and manages the ticket sales via the website. They are also responsible for promoting the event on Facebook and in the weekly news.
· End of Summer League BBQ – usually in late August on a Sunday afternoon, at the New Inn or the Forester. Confirm all food options in advance with the venue, arrange ticket sales and promote the event.
· Christmas party – same drill as the summer party but with the added fun of securing a Saturday evening in December with a venue! Again the food, music, welcome drinks and decorations need to be organised as well as the club London ballot draw.
· Pub crawls – these happen a couple of times a year usually in the summer and on or around Santa Run day and are often delegated to some plucky and very appreciated Eagles! However the social secretary is still very involved in promoting them and making sure they happen.
The race officer role includes:
· Publishing the results and maintaining the club records on the website
· Organising Club Championships - choosing races, writing and updating the rules, promoting the races and coordinating the results with Lisa Emerson
· Summer League - promoting the races and organising the entry details, completing all the results and adding them to the Summer League Dropbox, assisting with any issues with the results , assisting with the organising of the Eagles fixture of Summer League and attending the AGM
· Met League XC - organising all the registration of runners before the first fixture, promoting the races and publishing the details of each fixture, working with the XC captains regarding any issues e.g. with results
· Sunday XC league - promoting and publishing the details of all the fixtures, finding Eagles to act as marshals for the Watford fixture, assisting with any issues regarding results and attending the AGM
· All other XC events – finding a volunteer to help with coordinating the entries for these and promoting the events.
· London Marathon ballot - writing the rules and reminders about the deadline, checking all the requirements are met for the entries, organising the draw at the Christmas party.
Contact Heidi Vickery for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The duties of the communication role include:
· Answering the emails received to the main club email account, including sending details of the club run meeting point to new members coming for the first time.
· Updating the spreadsheet for club run leaders with the details of new people and other announcements.
· Managing the Twitter account and making club Facebook announcements.
· Compiling the club newsletter every week via Mailchimp, and sending out other ad hoc communications.
· Adding new members to the mailing list and sending out a welcome pack to new members via Mailchimp.
· Sending out press releases to the local news outlets.
· Managing the club website, including adding news stories, keeping the website up to date, adding the London Marathon ballot winners blogs, updating the weekly training page.
· Updating club discounts and offers, adding these to the website and sending them out on Facebook.
For further details contact Angela Duff at email@example.com.
The Coaching role covers:
· Planning and organising Tuesday and Thursday running sessions as well as any other ad-hoc sessions.
· Encourage others to develop their coaching skills.
· Coordinate coaching reimbursement scheme.
· Help runners find coaches.
· Organise and lead the Ealing Half Marathon recce runs and other open club sessions in the lead up to EHM, and compile sample training plans.
For more information on this role please contact Ben Cale at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The role of membership secretary is to oversee the whole Ealing Eagles EA membership database though the EA portal. This includes:
· Processing new membership requests and dealing with new member enquiries
· Helping members who which to switch claim or become second claim.
· Checking DBS information for members wishing to take coaching qualifications and also managing Facebook requests for members.
· Every year the biggest task is to process renewals for all the clubs members in April.
· The role also requires you to liaise with England Athletics about any membership issues as well as other tasks such as organising the VLM ballot entry and also other events such as Brighton marathon club entires and the Ride 100 volunteer team.
As the club is growing at such as fast rate I would recommend two people take the role on together to split the workload as with such a large number of members it’s a quite a lot for one person to take on.
For more information get in touch with Olivia at email@example.com.
We are also looking to have ‘deputies’ to take some of the weight off the main committee members and get more people involved. If you would prefer not to have a full committee role but want to volunteer to do something like write the newsletter or send out press releases, help with results collation, be a captain for Summer League, manage the website or Twitter feed, chase people up to be the tail runner or leader at club run or any of the other duties mentioned in the role descriptions please also drop us a line.
Finally can we ask that we do not have a public debate on Facebook prior to the AGM on any matters you may wish to raise, and if you do have any queries, please to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks and see you at the meeting,