The Summer League is a competition between eight London running clubs. You can find the full information on the Summer League website:
- Ealing Eagles
- Dulwich Park Runners
- Ealing, Southall & Middlesex
- Mornington Chasers
- Serpentine RC
- Sudbury Court
- Queens Park Harriers
The 2018 Summer League dates are to be confirmed at the moment but the provisional dates are:
- Sunday 3rd June - Gunnersbury, (Ealing Eagles)
- Sunday 17th June – Headstone Manor, Harrow (Metros)
- Sunday 1st July – Dulwich Park (Dulwich Park Runners)
- Sunday 15th July – Regent’s Park (Mornington Chasers)
- Sunday 5th August – Battersea (Serpentine) - Confirmed
The main race at each event is either a 5 mile or 10km run, which covers all standards. Following this, there is a "tenderfoot" (1.5-2km) run which is suitable for children, runners returning from injury and runners who prefer a shorter distance. Finally, there is a series of optional, age-graded, 300-400m relays, suitable for all ages and abilities.
There is no need to enter in advance, keep an eye out on the website or Facebook group for further details and transport arrangements in the weeks leading up to each event. Only Ealing Eagles members can represent the club, wearing a club vest.
The host club provides sandwiches and cakes.
Trophies are awarded at the end of the year for individuals in their age categories based on their best three performances in the five races.