Ealing Half Marathon
The first Ealing Half Marathon (EHM) took place on Sunday 30th September 2012.
In just a few years the race has achieved the following awards:
- Number One Half Marathon in the UK - The Running Awards 2016
- Number One Half Marathon in the UK – The Running Awards 2015
- Number One Half Marathon in the UK – The Running Awards 2014
- Number One for Atmosphere 2013 – Runner’s World
- In the top 10 Half Marathon’s 2012 – Runner’s World
Participants of the Ealing Half Marathon benefit from:
- Chip timing
- Bottled water
- West London’s only traffic free half marathon course
- A UKA measured course
- Quality medals
- And great local support & 700 volunteers to get you round on the day
Although the EHM is not organised by the club, we are closely associated with this brilliant Autumn race and many Eagles play an active role in the planning and organisation. The club also runs specific training sessions (notably for those infamous Ealing 'undulations' open to anyone running EHM in the lead up to the big day.
In 2015 nearly 200 Eagles took part in the race, and a large number of the volunteers acting as marshals, manning water stations or dealing with the baggage were members of the club.
The race starts and finishes in Lammas Park and take in parts of Central Ealing, Montpelier, Pitshanger, West Ealing, Hanwell and St Stephen's before returning to Lammas Park via Walpole Park.
You can find out more and sign up to be part of the biggest day in the Ealing running calendar here.
If you are running EHM this year as a beginner or an improver, take a look at our training plans designed to help you run your best half!